The OF Blog: So I got tagged

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

So I got tagged

After reading yesterday's post where I mock-complained about rarely getting "tagged," Anne of Cat Politics tagged me to participate in this meme:

Grab the nearest book and turn to page 123. Write down the fifth sentence, post it, and then tag 5 others to do this.

Since this book just arrived, I'll choose this one:


Tove Jansson's The Summer Book. Now for the fifth sentence on p. 123:

"From a poor smuggler."

No clue as to how the rest of the book will be like, but now I'm finding myself in the mood for some smuggled rum and a wench. Oh, and perhaps a parrot, but certainly not a Parrothead on my shoulder. Eye patches are out of the question, though and I refuse to go "Argh!" at passing strangers. Sorry.

And now for the five people who need to be tagged:

Neth Space

Mostly Harmless Books

Fantasy Book Critic

Realms of Speculative Fiction

A Dribble of Ink


Almost chose Elvis, but these five will have to do.

7 comments:

Gabriele Campbell said...

Smuggled rum would be nice indeed. Though I can do without the wench.

Hm, but if you could find Sean Bean and dress him pirate stlye (without eye patch, of course) I won't lock my cabin door tonight. :)

Larry Nolen said...

Ha! :P I'm thinking just for you, it'll have to be Gilbert Gottfried in pirate attire ;)

Anonymous said...

To put "silliness" as a label for this post is silly - this meme is very fun indeed! :-)

Gabriele Campbell said...

Ok, I had to google that guy. I'm so not acquainted with the US TV and movie culture. ;)

ThRiNiDiR said...

I'd love an occasional "Arggh!" from you Larry, as for the wenches and mead, I think I'm in the mood for them too (but since my "wench" would beat the crap out of me if I even hinted at threesome I guess I'd have to do with rum only...for now :)).

Thanks for taggin' us, but since is 3a.m. here I think we'll do this thing in the morning.

Larry Nolen said...

Well, I just felt like being silly when I decided to make fun of pirates and Jimmy Buffet fans in the same sentence, Fábio! :P

Gabriele, lovely-sounding guy, isn't he? ;)

Uroš, I received mine around the same time from an Australian, so it's not like it has to be instantaneous, ya know ;) Just don't quote from Letters to Penthouse, okay? ;) Because if you're thinking of threesomes that involve a parrot/Parrothead...God save us all! :P

Anonymous said...

No, it's well chosen, it's not fun at all, it's just silly.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites