The OF Blog: October Blogger Book Club discussion: Thomas Disch, Camp Concentration

Monday, October 13, 2008

October Blogger Book Club discussion: Thomas Disch, Camp Concentration


During this work week (October 13-17), there will be several bloggers posting their thoughts regarding Thomas Disch's 1968 novel, Camp Concentration. As I am made aware of these reviews, I'm going to edit this post, which will serve as a link depot for these reviews. Others participating in this first Blogger Book Club discussion are encouraged to click on these links and leave comments/questions for the person who reviewed the book. If you are reading this and didn't know about the Disch discussion but have questions/comments to make, feel free to make them here or on the others' blogs. My review (along with my planned comments on the others' blogs) will be up sometime in the late morning/early afternoon CDT.

Participating Blogs:

Adventures in Reading

The Reading Gaol

OF Blog of the Fallen

Fantasy Cafe

Dark Wolf's Fantasy Reviews

Post-Weird Thoughts

Jumpdrives and Cantrips


Related Link:

Instant Fanzine (2005)

8 comments:

Braulio Tavares said...

Hello, friends. I came to know about this discussion of "Camp Concentration" through my friend Fabio Fernandes, from "Post-Weird Thoughts". Instead of writing a review, I started a blog where I am posting comments, notes and ideas about Disch's novel, one of my favourites. Please check at:

the-reading-gaol.blogspot.com

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Larry, Braulio´s blog is very interesting indeed. As for my review, I´ll try hard to post it today, but I have classes later in the afternoon and maybe I won´t be able to do it.If not today, however, tomorrow for sure.

Larry Nolen said...

Braulio, I'll check it out in a moment and then add it to the list (good idea for a blog, it seems). And Fábio, I understand, which is why we have all week for posting these! :D I didn't have time yesterday for anything much, even replying to your email, but I'm going to try to get my review up in an hour or so and then reply back to you there.

Kristen said...

I was going to say my review is up but I see Larry already linked to it. That was fast. :)

Larry Nolen said...

I sometimes have ninja-like skills, Kristen ;)

Mihai A. said...

I posted my review too :)

Sara J. said...

I've posted my thoughts as well, late as they may be. It's been interesting seeing all the different takes on the same novel :)

Anonymous said...

Excellent site you have here. I run a site similar to yours, and was wondering if you would like to trade links with me?

You can see my site at http://Jijol.Com . I would give your site a prominent listing on my page, if you would be willing to do the same.

I enjoyed reading your stuff!

Link Exchange / Blog Roll Info:
Title: Jijol.Com - Key To Success - 21 Things You should Know
URL: http://jijol.com

Regards,
Joseph

The Keys to Success: 21 Things Every Teen Should Know

 
Add to Technorati Favorites