The OF Blog: And while I've been away...

Monday, February 08, 2010

And while I've been away...

So yeah, five days of near-total silence on this blog, longest in a couple of years, I think.  Nothing bad, just nothing much worth posting yet.  I know I need to write reviews of the new DeLillo and Jemisin books, but I've been consumed with reading for BAF (picture updates later in the week, perhaps), a new (re)reading project involving Roberto Bolaño's works (I'll be reading/reviewing El Tercer Reich when it is released in the US at the end of the month), reading Eco's Baudolino in Italian, and continuing my self-study of Attic and Koine Greek.

Needless to say, something has to give and that's been blogging.  After all, who cares that much about Bolaño, Eco, or yet another foreign language that I'm learning?  Just know that I'm not in a bad place, but rather in an almost-blissful state of learning too much to have the energy/desire to say things right now on what exactly is being learned.  Although there is the possibility of an essay in the coming days on precisely that topic...

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites