The OF Blog: My copy of Carlos Ruiz Zafón's El Prisionero del Cielo arrived

Friday, November 25, 2011

My copy of Carlos Ruiz Zafón's El Prisionero del Cielo arrived


While one of my trained Serbian reading squirrels reads it, you have my permission to weep.

Only eight days after its release in Spain, my copy of Carlos Ruiz Zafón's third volume in the Cemetery of Forgotten Books quadrilogy, El Prisionero del Cielo, arrived this morning.  I hope to finish it this holiday weekend and perhaps write a review shortly afterward.  For those of you wanting to know when the English translation will be released, I hear it'll be June in the UK and no firm date yet in the US.  I'll also note that it will behoove readers to re-read the prior two volumes, particularly The Shadow of the Wind, as it seems several characters from that first volume reappear here.  More later, after I'm done reading this 379 page book, the shortest of the three volumes.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites