The OF Blog: Been quiet, but I've been reading/reviewing some award winners elsewhere

Friday, March 16, 2012

Been quiet, but I've been reading/reviewing some award winners elsewhere

I just realized that I haven't updated (or really even viewed much) this blog since Monday.  Been busy writing several reviews over at Gogol's Overcoat, including reviewing some of the finalists (and winner) for this year's Man Asian Prize for Asian Literature published in 2010/2011 in English/translation, Korean writer Kyung-sook Shin's outstanding Please Look After Mom.  Later today or this weekend, I'll write a links post for the essays/reviews that I've written over the past month at Gogol's Overcoat and Weird Fiction Review.

A few days ago, the Tiptree Award winner and honor lists were announced.  This year's winner was Andrea Hairston's Redtree and Wildfire, which I've already read and will review here sometime in the next week or so.

Will be writing my latest Faulkner Friday piece later today and hope to have it done by nighttime (had to predate the last couple of entries due to being busy studying for my certification exams) and posted at Gogol's Overcoat.  Then comes more reviews of finalists/winners for the National Book Critics Circle Award, Man Asian Prize, and the PEN/Faulkner Award (to be announced March 26); these will be posted on Gogol's Overcoat.

So far, 11 weeks into the year, I seem to have written around 30 reviews and commentaries on prose and poetry on three sites.  I wonder how long that pace can be kept, since I'm averaging over 1000 words/essay.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites